Intelligent Remote Monitor
Now NEBs 3Certified
The flexible and expandable Centurion III Alarm Monitor is an intelligent Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) that can locate problems in the telecommunications central office and all its remote facilities. The Centurion II’s exceptional troubleshooting capability extends beyond the network device to external factors outside the network that are often overlooked as the source of problems. These include facility and environmental elements – such as temperature and relative humidity, fire suppression systems, intelligent HVAC, power supply, and security systems – factors that are not usually monitored or are monitored separately from the network.
The Centurion III Alarm Monitor is a flexible and expandable Intelligent Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) that assists in locating problems in a telecommunication’s central office and its remote facilities. The Centurion III’s exceptional troubleshooting capability extends beyond to external factors outside the network that are often overlooked as the source of problems. These include facility and environmental elements – such as temperature and relative humidity, fire suppression systems, intelligent HVAC, power supply, and security systems – factors that are not usually monitored or are monitored separately from the network. Using Windows to access the Centurion III Managers Program, the user has an environment that allows him to program and easily access alarms as needed. Network personnel are better equipped to proactively locate problems before service to the customer is affected.
- Expandable from 32 to 512 discrete points (base plus 3 expansion chassis) I/O card output status LED to indicate current output relay state.
- SNMP or TL-1 message set, which includes alarm point description, severity, service affecting indication
- Dual Ethernet Ports
- Windows XP and Windows 7 ready software allows user for set up IP address, TID, gateway address,
- NEW – NEBs Level 3 Certified
- NEW – Power – A & B inputs
- NEW – 8 Serial Ports – Standard Expansion to 24 for terminal server usage
Centurion III ARM
Intelligent Alarm Monitor Expansion
The Analog Remote Module (ARM/1) is a freestanding device that collects raw analog values, and reports to a concentration device for scaling and alarm presentation. It was designed to collect critical power data to provide a practical solution to monitoring and managing DC power systems, but can also be used for other analog measurement applications in a telecommunications facility. Tested to meet Network Equipment Building Standards (NEBS) Level 3 testing requirements, the ARM/1 augments the Centurion III® Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) by adding an economically priced product to collect analog data. Each ARM/1 can collect data from up to eight analog inputs and up to four temperature and humidity sensors. Two (2) inputs are fixed 0 to –60VDC that will typically be used to monitor battery voltage, while the remaining six (6) inputs are able to interface to any Industry Standard Architecture (ISA) transducer that supports 4 – 20mA or bipolar 100mV. In addition to the power system parameters, this also allows users to measure analog values for other input types such as temperature, humidity, pressure, and dangerous gas concentrations.
- Size: 17″ wide x 3.5″ high x 10.5″ deep
- CPU based on 32-bit Intel architecture
- NEBs 3 Certification of Hardware
- 64 Input I/O boards for expansion
- Power – A & B Inputs Standard 48VDC nominal, 2A fuse operation
- Interface – Dual Ethernet or modem
- 16 concurrent sessions allowing multiple user access
- SNMP or TL-1 reporting
- Front panel craft port interface
- 8 serial ports (TBOS,TABS, or custom)
- Alarm reporting via TCP/IP or modem
- Scalable Points – The Centurion III can have between 64 and 512 points to satisfy any central office needs.
- Provisioning and Configuring – The Centurion III is easy to use and configure, so adding new points/devices is quick and simple.
- Multple Reporting Capabilities – The Centurion III report via IP, serial, modem, and email